Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > jholp

Conversation Between jholp and dondford
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. dondford
    09-14-2010 04:53 AM
    dondford
    Sorry for the delay; I just don't remember to check my messages on this board for some reason. I do size in a .204 dis as an in intermediate step but have not had to turn the necks. I would think going all the way down to 14 cal neck turning (and maybe neck reaming) would be required. I was lucky with this rifle as necking the 218 brass down to .172 was pretty painless.
    Sounds like a fun project. Good luck with it.

Don
  2. jholp
    05-31-2010 12:35 PM
    jholp
    I see where you are shooting a 17 Bee in a Martini.

I am working on a 14 Killer Bee made by Marty for me.

Sizing the brass from 218 down to 14 cal is a bit challenging. Are you neck turning your brass ? I will have to turn mine as they are way too thick by the time they are all the way down to 14 cal.

I assume you size from .224 to .204 to .172 At which point along the way do you neck turn?

I have the K&M Expandrons and outside neck turning devices for .224, .172, and .144

If I wait to turn at the .144 thickness the brass is so thick turning is difficult. I plan to try turning at more than one diameter along the way. Perhaps at the .224, then at the .172, last check at the 14 cal level and see if final turning is required.

Your thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

John