Saubier.com

Saubier.com (http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Caliber Discussion Board (http://www.saubier.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Delete Facebook (http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37378)

Bill K 01-13-2021 04:30 PM

Delete Facebook

Mod's can delete my post if they desire, but I and many are deleting our Facebook account to show zuck--berg the banning the President was wrong, let him suffer big loses, maybe he will learn something.
I believe every gun owner should do this, but it is up too each of us. :)
A lot of one's are doing and showing such on Accurate Shooter.

jdunham 01-13-2021 06:00 PM

Never joined, I guess I knew what I was doing. LOL!

Gary in Illinois 01-13-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdunham (Post 295034)

Amen- there are a few of us that never took the bait.

Never could understand why everyone was so eager to sell their souls to the devil. Most folks don’t understand that they are giving this piece of cr@p company everything they choose to post.

Herb in Pa 01-13-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdunham (Post 295034)

Ditto :D:D:D

Bayou City Boy 01-13-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois (Post 295036)

Never could understand why everyone was so eager to sell their souls to the devil. Most folks don’t understand that they are giving this piece of cr@p company everything they choose to post.

Exactly...!!

The warning to delete FB and Twitter, etc. ad nauseum, has come about 10 years too late for most people. :eek: The writing - in pure commie speak - has been clearly painted on the wall for quite a few years...... Zuckerberg never tried to hide his intentions. Many people just chose to ignore him for their own immediate gratification.

For those who migrated from FB to Parler when this election debacle came about, I salute them and I hope that Parler is soon back up and running so that they have a conservative voice. I'll just keep on muddling alone on my own as I have no need to be collectively patted on the back when I'm good and scolded when I'm not.

-BCB

Johnly 01-13-2021 08:31 PM

I've avoided Facebook, Twitter, My Space, Twitter, Instagram, and all the others.
Just not interested in having someone attempt to profile me for their monetary gain.
Just remember any electronic information you send or post are forever.

Bayou City Boy 01-13-2021 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickiesrevenge (Post 295039)
for those that have never used it you don't quite know what you're missing. there are/were lots of gun related groups on there. Sure theres a bunch of crap that you don't care about too. But there is much more gun related content on fb than there has been on forums in a very long time. This format is all but dead. Just look at the volume of content here. I like what is here but its very, very little new content. One could skip months of looking at this site, i don't, and catch up in a very short period. Hours most likely.

Then look at the aspect of selling stuff. If you used to look for a deal now and then on craigslist its pretty much moved to fb. Thats mostly what i used fb for. Hardly ever posted anything at all.

In the end i decided it wasn't worth it for me.

Oh, my Gosh. My life is forever diminished, never to recover......... :D

-BCB

GLWenzl 01-13-2021 08:52 PM

I’ve been on Facebook for quite a few years a very active user. I’m screwed…

Thank you Bill for taking the time to post this and no I don’t think the mods should delete your post. It should remain.

Gary in Illinois 01-13-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in Illinois (Post 295036)

And, while we are at it, Google & affiliates are just as bad. Google’s “product” that they sell to the highest bidder is all the information they can gather about you. Every Google search, every trip using Google Maps, etc., etc.

Most times you have to pay for information (one way or another).

TinMan 01-13-2021 09:15 PM

Never did FB. I get tired watching all the Salesforce style ads for any anything.