Saubier.com

Saubier.com (http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php)
-   Project Guns (http://www.saubier.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Savage center feed (http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35397)

JSH 03-26-2019 08:36 PM

Savage center feed

Am I the only dufus to use Savage actions with a center feed and have issues?

I am about to pull my hair out, both of them!
I want a single shot follower. I emailed the only maker to check availability some months back and still have not gotten any response. I did run across one on amazon but zero reviews.
I am about to liquidate these center feeds and chase down some stagger feed actions.
Rant off.
Jeff

Nor Cal Mikie 03-26-2019 08:40 PM

Sharp Shooter Supply is the only one that I know of that makes the single shot mag or adaptor for the Savage center feed.
It is a one man shop "now" the last I heard. Keep trying.;)

TinMan 03-26-2019 08:50 PM

You might try calling them rather than e-mail.

JSH 03-26-2019 09:50 PM

They say they don’t answer the phone and it does not take messages.

I get flustered I cook and think.
I have an action with no barrel on it for the time being. I am going to have a look later. I am thinking, bolt out, turn a piece of stock to fit, spray the whole thing with release agent and pour some epoxy in the mag opening.

JSH 03-27-2019 12:48 AM

Fellow pointed me to one on eBay. I will give some input when I get it and try it out.
Jeff

moorepower 03-29-2019 04:40 PM

There is a guy on the Accurate shooter forum that 3d prints a bunch of stuff for Savage's, the urbanrifleman. The ones on ebay are made by andrewsben on that forum. SSS is by far the worst CS of any company I have ever dealt with in my 57 year life, but I like you need a follower. Just make sure you tell him what round you are using .308 bf or .223 bf. I need to get mine ordered.

Bill K 03-29-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moorepower (Post 280351)
There is a guy on the Accurate shooter forum that 3d prints a bunch of stuff for Savage's, the urbanrifleman. The ones on ebay are made by andrewsben on that forum. SSS is by far the worst CS of any company I have ever dealt with in my 57 year life, but I like you need a follower. Just make sure you tell him what round you are using .308 bf or .223 bf. I need to get mine ordered.

I sent him a PM and he returned a answer to me Re: making single shot followers for the Savage. He said he does not. Just passing this along. Bill K :)

JSH 03-30-2019 12:54 AM

Just got mine from andrewsben off of eBay. Fits my actions perfectly.

JSH 05-08-2019 03:19 PM

Got the followers from the gent on accurate shooter. We exchanged a few messages. I modified one for the 17 FB. I got it to work and it is far and away ahead of any other I have seen or heard of for the short cases as far as feeding.
Not 100% perfect but about 95%.
I am going to give it some exercise here in about two weeks. Then maybe do some more to it if necessary.
Jeff

moorepower 05-08-2019 03:53 PM

I got mine also and it works perfectly.