Saubier.com

Saubier.com (http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Caliber Discussion Board (http://www.saubier.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Silverfox..... (http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33863)

17VLD 02-26-2018 11:29 AM

Silverfox.....

Have'nt seen you post in a bit.I hope all is well with you.I know its cold up there,but thats what the coyotes like.It will be pd season before you know it.
Picked up a beautiful HS precision stock for my 20Tac imp that fits like a glove and has a fairly nice color scheme that matchs Greg Tannels ceracote job.
Looking forward to spring to see some of your great posts/pics,take care.
Matt

Displayed Name 02-26-2018 12:13 PM

Also hoping the recovery is going ok I believe I remember he posted about a real nasty fall he took.

I tell people I picked Displayed Name a long time ago because Silverfox had already taken the best one.

Dan Brothers 02-26-2018 01:00 PM

Then let us Bless Him in Jesus Name to have a quick recovering and get back at it with those hunting stories and adventures.

He Healed Silver Fox in Jesus' Name.... AMEN

GLWenzl 02-26-2018 02:53 PM

I haven’t been in touch with him to know how he is doing but I know that he is still sending emails. What else can a guy do this time of year in the area he lives :eek:

Hope all is well and a big amen Dan!

JSH 02-26-2018 05:09 PM

Leroy may be in Arizona. I started an email last night and didn't get it done

Silverfox 02-26-2018 08:44 PM

This is Silverfox announcing that I am alive and recovering from another major back surgery. I was down in Rapid City to see my back surgeon on Wednesday, February 14 for a diagnosis and wound up on the cutting table at 7:00 a.m. Friday, February 16!!!! I sure was glad he was able to get me worked into his busy schedule. Now I can concentrate on getting healed up.

Hopefully, this will be the end of my surgeries. I know I feel a lot better now than I did when I had my first back surgery back on April 10, 2017. I think I got back into action shooting prairie dogs waaaay too soon and had several falls that probably caused the titanium screws he used to fuse my sacrum to my lower 5th lumbar to come loose.

I'll keep you all posted and hopefully will be writing some stories about my prairie dog shoots this coming summer.

Rick in Oregon 02-26-2018 09:10 PM

You're Back!

Leroy, great to know you're okay....you had us worried there for a spell. Back issues plague many of us, myself included. Why just two days ago I took a very nasty fall on the ice here, been in agony ever since and just came from the clinic getting x-rays done.

Good thing us old varmint shooters are a tenacious bunch, eh? Now I'm hoping this not-so-tough anymore old varmint shooter is able to get out for the spring festivities with our buddy Skippy. Guess we'll see.

Hope you heal completely and continue to treat us to your adventures there in North Dacolder! :)

albertacoyotecaller 02-27-2018 02:15 AM

Hope you get better soon.

georgeld 02-27-2018 05:09 AM

Ohh man, Sorry to hear about your back LeRoy.
Glad he got to it if it needed fixing. Sounds like he saw
something he could fix. Hope it heals better than mine has.

I've been fighting mine since March '85. First 20+yrs nothing
could be seen til I twisted it wrong 9/11/05 of all days.
Two months later first fusion.
Had the bottom 3 bolted together Oct '14. Didn't help the pain
nor my drop foot either.
What baffles me most is how they screwed my leg/feet and back up
with a gutting!

Letter today: VA is taking my pain meds away!
I'm looking for a cheap snubby .38 guys. You got one?

bburrell 02-27-2018 05:35 PM

Leroy, you should be more like me. I got rid of my spine as it was holding me back. :D Seriously, with a few weeks of healing you should be just spine. I have never been to a back surgeon before, just a chiropractor. But, I stopped going to him because he was addicted to crack. :rolleyes: Get well soon. Burt