Saubier.com

Saubier.com (http://www.saubier.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Caliber Discussion Board (http://www.saubier.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BAT SV vs Borden BR (http://www.saubier.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38468)

shaun1826 05-17-2022 02:06 PM

BAT SV vs Borden BR

I’m about to build a single shot 20 Vartarg and have narrowed my action choices down to these two actions (I think).

Has anyone had the pleasure of owning or using both? Did you have a preference of one over the other?

The SV is a little lighter and shorter but I’ve read the Borden is a little smoother. The difference in weight is not a factor.

Thanks for you input.

drewh 05-17-2022 02:52 PM

Hard to go wrong with either. I still use a BAT SV. I had a customer service issue with Borden's shop and had to take care of an issue out of my own pocket - left a sour taste. The Borden action I had was an Alpine rather than the other, but shot as well as any action I have had. Both are smooth, the BAT seems to have a tighter tolerance to the bolt.
Drew

Gary in Illinois 05-17-2022 03:31 PM

My Bat Model S bolt feels like it runs on greased ball bearings. Hard to imagine anything smoother but I have never handled a Borden.

Foxhunter223 05-18-2022 06:22 AM

My experience is the same as the others, have a SV which is just like melted butter smooth. Came second in our club comp last Saturday. So happy with it.

Pete

Kiwishooter 05-18-2022 10:13 AM

I'd be interested to know the serial numbers of the S and the SV that are as smooth as melted butter, just so I can compare them to mine which is real smooth also.

I have found some Bat actions smoother than others.

I haven't tried a latter Borden action, although I wouldn't mind getting a Rimrock BR action as I have heard good things about them.
The early Borden actions (Made by Nesika) are as smooth as any action I've tried, and I would think the latter ones are equal to them.

Kiwi

shaun1826 05-18-2022 11:24 AM

Thanks guys. I was able to get an in stock SV that had the configuration I was looking for. Manners inlets for them so that was really what pushed me that direction.

Foxhunter223 05-19-2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

I'd be interested to know the serial numbers of the S and the SV that are as smooth as melted butter, just so I can compare them to mine which is real smooth also.
You will just have to come over and try it for yourself while we are out fox shooting :D

Pete

Gary in Illinois 05-19-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwishooter (Post 303428)

I have found some Bat actions smoother than others.

I haven't tried a latter Borden action, although I wouldn't mind getting a Rimrock BR action as I have heard good things about them.
The early Borden actions (Made by Nesika) are as smooth as any action I've tried, and I would think the latter ones are equal to them.

Kiwi

Mine is serial number S41