View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Supporting Member

Throughout my internet years I've tried all of the latest and greatest scope suggestions (great optics/less money, rated best by far of what I looked through in store light , etc.) that you see floating around, and I've bought a few of the suggestions just to see what all the fuss is about.

All in all, I end up going back to what works best for me: a Leupold VX-3 or better grade of Leupy scope. Leupold scopes always perform well, do what I want, and for me they provide the best look at something I want to hit at various ranges. On the very rare occasions something bad happens to a scope (which is usually my fault anyway...), it gets sent off to Leupold and comes back to me in quick time once again in great working order.

Just my experience. Anymore I just grin slightly at the latest and greatest offering to hit the market for less money that has the internet all atwitter, and I continue to buy what I know works for me. YMMV, as they say.

-BCB

PS: A decent resale value on all of the wonder scopes I've sold have been from poor to non-existent in a couple of cases. Leupolds always sell for good money on the second hand market because they are good scopes with an established value. Again, YMMV........

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine