View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20VarTarg View Post
I stumbled across a guy that has a pretty nice collection of Coopers. They were his fathers and he is looking to sell them. I'm interested in 2 of them for sure. One being a Model 38 chambered in 17 Squirrel. He says that he has the dies, brass, and some loaded ammo for it. Sitting on top of the rifle is a VX-III 4.5-14x50. Gun would rate at 95-98%. No box, no factory target. What would be the value of this rifle??? Does the caliber add value or take it away? I currently own 3 Model 38's and love them. I feel like I have got all 3 for a fair deal. I've given anywhere between $1250-$1550 for each. Would the 17 Squirrel fall into this price range or not? He has not given me a price on it yet but would like to know the general opinion on the matter.
As a barometer, I just bought a Model 21 Phoenix from dogdown here, NIB with all literature, test targets, box, etc. This is a LH, which Cooper charges something like $200.00 more for. He initially included in the listing, two boxes of factory ammunition, I think, then found something like three more that he included at the previously listed price. I paid $1600.00 shipped on an easy deal with a good guy. I would not have considered trying to talk him down on price, as it seemed a very mutually ok price. The model this guy is selling would have an effect on price. I do not think you listed the model, and there are price differences in the models at Cooper. In my opinion, the smaller rounds such as the 22 CCM and the one you list above would maybe cut the price some, as I see them more as oddities not suitable for most of the masses. I often see them sit, not moving, on Gunbroker.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.