Thread: RIP Sicero
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 03:03 AM
Supporting Member

As some of you probably remember, Kenny enjoyed machinist work as a hobby. A few years back when Hornady was having 17 HH brass issues, some of us had several very lengthy online discussions here about making it from 22 Hornet brass with 17 HH dies which was an option.

Out of the blue, Kenny PM'ed me here and offered to make me a 17 caliber neck sizing die to neck down 22 Hornet brass. He wasn't sure but he thought that he could make a die to do that, and he wanted to experiment..... We had several conversations here and on the phone about it, and I offered to pay him for his materials, at least. He would have none of it.

About 2 weeks later he sent me this very well made die shown in the picture below. I called him and thanked him after I received it, and in the process I asked if he still had my address. He affirmed that he didn't think so, so I sent him some money in any envelope with no return address on it. He immediately called me when the money arrived wanting my address so he could send the money back and I told him to take his wife out to dinner or something similar, which he agreed to do.

As you can see in the pic with the set screw visible, the die had an adjustable neck so that you can set the sizing depth on the case neck where you wanted it to be. The die works great..!!

I knew he was struggling this past year but I didn't know that he had passed. He will be missed. A true Saubier old timer from the late 1990's/early 2000's...........

Another old early Sauberite who hasn't posted in quite awhile is trotterlg. Does anyone know anything about Larry? I hope he's well..............

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine