Thread: fox load
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 05:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter

the surface wound is spectacular. Warning: don't watch if you're squeamish. IMO this coyote died from massive blood loss, but the severity of the wound must have been painful enough to temporarily paralyze it until exsanguination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAj-YQNhac&t=378s[/quote]

i shot a coyote coming in quartering to me with a 220 swift 50 gr balistictip at 4000+ fps. hit him with a raking shot in the rib cage. there was a 6ft tall by 4 ft wide cloud come off him. as he was running away i thought to my self that was one dirty coyote. he ran about 60 yards and began to stumble and then fell over.
my calling partner at the time came up and ask me what that was, my response was "no clue"
when we examined him the bullet had hit him and blew all the hair/skin off him from his front shoulder to his tail. it looked like he had been skinned with the flesh undisturbed. one piece of the jacket had entered the rib cage and that is what killed him. if not for that he would have been in for a real cold winter.