View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
I would bet they would sell plenty of them.
You'd certainly think the "they would sell plenty of them" would be a driving factor or at least a priority but I'm not sure it is. Use the CZ 527 as an example. They seemed to sell about as fast as the were put on the shelf, especially, the ones chambered in 17 Hornet. I have two of them bought new about a year apart. I never could find one in stock at any gun shops within a few hundred miles of me. I had to order mine online. When I decided to get the second one it took me a couple months of looking online to find someone that had a Varmint model 527 17 Hornet. They were always sold out so it doesn't seem that selling plenty of them was a problem because they pretty easily sold all that they made in fact just about all of the CZ 527's regardless of model or what it was chambered in always sold pretty fast. Now, in CZ's infinite wisdom they've discontinued the 527 entirely and has a new model but it doesn't appear as though CZ is going to make anything in 17 Hornet.

It appears as though CZ has taken a page out of the Tikka play book and is now going to have/use one action the fits everything from 223 to 300 Win mag and I'm guessing it's most likely all about creating the highest possible profit margin per unit and less about volume. Unfortunately that will eliminate the possibility of CZ chambering anything in the 17/22 Hornet unless they have something else in the works but I'm doubtful that'll happen anytime soon.