View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:47 PM

By far the majority of the bullets I shoot are leaded. Probably 99.9%. I've only got a few boxes of copper bullets. Mostly wanted to try them for a few reasons. First was the came highly recommended by a guy who shoots crop damage deer. His results were impressive to say the least. He shoots more deer in a normal year than most guys would shoot in several lifetimes. Second was they claim expansion well below what the leaded bullets can do. Most leaded bullets claim 1800fps as the minimum. A few have said 1600fps. Some of the copper ones will expand even while subsonic. My application is different than most because I'm shooting them in an XP-100 pistol. I don't get nearly the speed that a rifle is capable of and it severely limits the range. Not that I can't hit them further but the traditional bullets may not expand. These do.

And for the record lehigh bullets aren't expensive. They are cheaper than Barnes, Partitions, accubonds and the like. If you compare them to a regular cup core bullet they are more expensive but not much. And they shoot circles around the barnes I've shot in the past. No comparison at all

Aaron