View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
Accuracy suffers otherwise I would just load the and shoot them.
Load up 10 rounds and give it a try. What accuracy level are you trying to achieve?
When I was working with my new 17 squirrel barrel as I mentioned prior. My back yard range is only 65 yards long. I set my barrel up with the scope I was going with a 2x6 Burris. Put a target down range. Then just started the task of barrel break in. I had just a poster size piece of white paper with no center dot. I would just point to center of paper and fire off rounds. Clean the barrel then since those 17 cal holes are hard to see out of a pistol scope I would walk down range and check the target. Back at the bench I would make scope adjustments and repeat the barrel break in procedure. Once the break in was achived
I put a one inch dot on the poster board to finalize sight in. I set back and got serious about testing for accuracy. I'm not trying to brag about it but I could put 5 shot groups in a jagged hole that could be covered by a flat base 357 bullet and some by a 30 cal bullet. This is plenty accurate to finish fire forming rounds in ground hog hunting situations verses just using up components of value.