View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 05:45 PM

I guess I'm old school and have stayed away from the full copper bullets . Loaded some of the Barnes up for a buddy and the bullet failed to expand and had to shoot the deer 4 times. Only reason it dropped was the final shot to the CNS. I know they have come a long way since but I've never bit into lead in a steak, and my lead bullets are cheap and kill quickly. I also worry that pushing away from lead is helping the anti gunners kill the hunting industry. Case and point in California. If it gets to expensive or effective to hunt and shoot people will quit the sport.
Not trying to pee on your parade it's just the reasons I haven't used them. I'm a long time waterfowl Hunter but never had the joy of hunting them with lead. Instead I get poor steel performance, or pay 3 dollars a shot for premium tungsten. I know a lot of guys that hung up the shotgun for that reason. The fewer old timers you have in the sport you have less recruits to hunting. Most of the time us younger guys are chasing the trophy while the older generations realize the importance of the next generation coming along. I've gotten my brother's and my children involved. But I haven't matched the efforts of the ones that came before me.
My money hasn't gone to supporting monolithic bullets because of it. I will jump off that soap box now. Thanks for listening.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10