View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 PM

Default Seating Die Conversion Questions

Hi folks.

I'm looking for a seating die system that can be swapped from one cartridge/caliber to another. I currently use the RCBS Competition Seating Die system with the interchangeable plugs and bullet sleeves, but it's limited by it's tolerances and produces run out of .004-.008. Using any other seating die my results are .002 or better on the same set-up. I'd like a system that cradles the case in addition to the neck.

I've been researching the new Vickerman dies, which appear to be about the same thing in concept as RCBS, but perhaps they hold the body better than RCBS? Curious if the tolerances are tighter than RCBS? If you know please respond.

Ideally, I'd love to have Redding or Forster or Whidden seating dies with interchangeable guts, but I don't think that's an option? If it is, I'd be happy to hear how to go about it.

Can the RCBS Gold Metal Match seating die parts be purchased from RCBS to have an interchangeable system?

I shoot 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 36, and 45 caliber, so buying 10 or 12 precision seating dies is not in my budget.

Tony