View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 03:38 AM

I can't seem to find any info on it but I do remember reading about swage bore (or something to that extent) rifles that had special chambers and would intentionally swage down to a signficantly smaller bore.

One thought would be a .204-19 caliber .198. have a 19 caliber barrel chambered with a 20 caliber reamer but with a little extra help in the throating to help the process. Pressure would definitely be a byproduct however, but to what extent?

but one has to ask....why?

ETA: found it "squeeze bore"

hmm reading about it brings up an interesting concept. the "little john" adapter at the end of the muzzle to swage down the projectile by ~25% but being later in the pressure cycle of the round it increased barrel life vs a traditional squeeze bore and also increased muzzle velocity and sectional density thus flying flatter and penetrating better.

I wonder if one were to thread a muzzle adapter that had gradual taper from say 22-20 or 20-17 would react? one could even use this last section with a fast twist to help spin up the now long and heavy for caliber bullet. hmm....

Last edited by squirrel_slayer; 05-31-2019 at 03:48 AM.