View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Supporting Member

Glad your ok but this is a topic that we don't pay near enough time on so I appreciate your honesty and hopefully we don't make you regret it ..."but"...I had freckles on my nose once too. The big similarity I see between my experience and yours is I shot another one after the first one pierced as well . Never again! I move a lot slower now and feel real good about it .
I know I come off like the "Social Avenger" too much but I still have that picture of Randy Merta's eye surgery in my mind...a lot! Makes a guys knees quiver!
We need to face the facts that what we do with the smaller calibers like the .17's and .20's is "WAY" less forgiving than with the .22's and up.
I truly appreciate you manning up that others could give things a good thinking Bob, a generous and humble thing to do, no kidding. We all need to be aware that on a lotta this stuff we're .2 of a grain away from disaster more often than we know. As Kenny so aptly put it "Cause a lotta times we're getting away with murder", never been truer words spoken!

P.S.
I too have speckles in my shooting glasses from popping a couple primers in a Cooper, "STRAIGHT BACK"!