View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:44 PM

Default Humans DON'T listen

I subscribe to what most of the posters are saying...They're people that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any kind of mechanical device...moving vehicles OR stationary ones, kitchen appliances, tools AND especially firearms...yet these same people seem to gravitate toward the very things they should stay away from.

HUMANS JUST WON'T LISTEN...and many don't have a clue at all about much of anything. Somehow Mother Nature let them survive to pass on their genes.

Those of us that continually stress safety...START LOW AND WORK UP SLOW...are just preaching to the choir because hardly any of this information gets to those that need it the most...because THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN, and won't take the time to learn, WON'T READ OR LISTEN ANYTHING THEY DON'T LIKE...sound familiar?

In this information age no one has the time or the patients to learn the nuances of ANYTHING...it's instant gratification...I want it now...forget paying the required dues or sweat equity, and there are too many people willing to spread their knowledge because THEY have the great need for another kind of instant gratification...besides all the profit motive crawling around out there

We humans are an amazing species...able to destroy our own home just to have the "latest and greatest" that some other human decides is what we "want" and we can't keep our "devices" out of other "devices" of the opposite persuasion.

I also think there is a very large pile of BS continually piling up on the internet initiated by all the wannabees and armchairs who've hardly ever had a gun in their hands unless it's in a shop, and that continually hound shop proprietors with "let me see that one" then wave it around like they know something, when those that really know and understand from the way the handle the gun and the questions they ask that they don't know squat... then run to the internet and brag or start asking the same questions, that keep all those who like to pontificate all worked up to "show them the way".

We are a "free" nation, which means we/they/us/them are free to be just as dumb/stupid/ignorant as we want to be, without any reguard for ourselves or anyone around us. Just think about this thread next time you're out on the range...maybe you will take a closer look at those beside you, especially if they start asking questions like "how do I load this thing".

Every time I read a post, from someone who is obviously a newbee, I want to share "my knowledge" and get that warm and fuzzy feeling from helping or paying back my own "Karmic debt"...then after I think, "Jeezzz what did I really just do, help someone or put them in danger because they don't know squat about the nuances I have learned, use and didn't mention?"

I keep swearing I won't post another word, then here I am again...I JUST NEVER LISTEN...to my own pontifications.

'Njoy

Last edited by NFG; 06-30-2008 at 06:46 PM.