View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 PM

Default Best optics for 17hh

Its the end of the year and I am sitting here trying to match rifles and calibers up with the right scope. I can't quite figure out what to put on my 17hh. I started out with a vortex viper 6.5x20 but ended up moving that scope over to a .204 I am working on. That left my 17 scopeless. I've been shopping for a new scope but can't quite settle on the right one. I know that a lot depends on how this little caliber will be used. Since this caliber is one step above my rimfire guns I go back and forth between something I would put on a rimfire and something I would put on a little bit larger centerfire - like my .204. Likewise, my budget goes from under $200 to over $600 depending on the time of day and phase of the moon. Thought that i would take a survey and see what others have done. What optics (and why) did you decide to put on your 17hh (or 17ah), What power range, what reticle, and finally what is your primary use (squirrels at 100 yds, coyotes at 200 yds, prairie dogs at 400 yds. etc.).