View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 10:45 PM
Supporting Member

Similar experience.

I purchased a Wby Mk 5 synthetic ultralight from a friend and found issues with the stock's bedding. Drove it to Wby and they said they would look it over. Got a call 3 days later that it has a new stock, they sent me images of 2 different 3 shot groups hovering around 5/8". I inquired when I dropped it off, and stated if it shoots well I might want them to put a brake on it, and with it shooting like that I said to do it. Got it shooting a little better with Barnes ammo, but after complaints from one BIL it would hurt his ears I decided to remove the brake, since Wby stated no changes to group size or impact point. Shot at a really nice Muley and when I got back to camp set up a 100 yd target and couldn't find a hole. Ihad a wild thought, I Remembered I put the brake in the gun's travel bag and threaded it on. Poof, back to shooting where and how it had before. Killed a better buck 2 days later.

My son now uses that gun, with brake. I just keep my distance when we are stalking deer, lol.

Allen