Thread: 17wsm
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 09:43 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Poking around in a Walmart a while back, waiting on a set of tires the 30 minutes turned into 2 hours. I walked around lawn and garden, pet supplies and tried to stay out of they camping, fishing and hunting stuff. An older gent showed up and was stocking a shelf, asked me if I needed anything. I said oh if ya had a box or two of 17WSM and price wasn’t too bad I would take some.
He went and opened the cabinet and got down on very bottom shelf and reached
all the way in the back, how many do you want? There was a whole case that he said the kids never put out because there was no spot marked for it. They then had it behind some shotgun shells, 28 gauge to boot.
I bought the whole case for $12.95 per 50. Cheaper than what it was on the shelf at cabelas/basspro a few years ago. He did tell me that this came in last month?

I didn’t really need anymore, but I don’t look a gift horse in the mouth either.
That is more a case of being a canny buyer. Strike when the iron is hot I say, had a chance at a bulk buy a while ago, should have jumped at "20.00 per box take the lot", but I hesitated at the finish line, and lost out. Hopefully some more will come up in the future at better than retail prices.