Thread: Chronographs
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 02:14 AM

I have your chronographs predecessor the model 35. I wouldn't call them problems in setting it up but it does take time. If you want to shoot groups as well as chronograph you need to get the rifle, chronograph and target all in line and same elevation. The chronograph should also be level. There is an element of trial and error to this. Hence the time element. Call it ten to fifteen minutes with practice. I've only seen the LabRadar set up and used twice (no actual experience of my own) but it seemed to be get it pointed in the targets general direction and it was good to go. All the LabRadar set up is by your shooting bench with nothing in front of the shooting line. This is a real convenience. That said my 35 year old Oehler is still an excellent piece of equipment. There are not many pieces of electrical equipment that you can say that about. Your 35P should be at least as good and for the price you can't beat it. As far as getting accurate velocities is concerned the 35P is about as good as it gets. Here regarding the LabRadar I can't comment.