View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Polaris View Post
I was reminded of this lesson when I was teaching my girlfriend to shoot. She had bought a S&W revolver (38Spl) for self-defense. At 3 yards she was consistently hitting the target in the head. I was impressed and then watched her carefully...she was aiming for the chest! The effort to draw the double action trigger was so much for her that it caused her entire hand to tighten resulting in her hand position pulling back and up. The result was a consistent 1' shift in POI from where she had intended. At any further distance her shots would be going over people's heads. Also, it didn't help that the revolver's recoil felt like catching a hardball bare-handed.

I handed her several different polymer semi-autos and even a 1911. She shot incredibly well. Both the trigger and better recoil of semi-auto caused me to loose my carry pistol that day...

Very good and valid points... Hood thing you was observant like that with the head shots... always a good day to loose your carry gun like that... means you get to go shopping again lol