View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 06:04 PM

Go back in time to the early 1980's when my buddy Mark and I approached a property owner about shooting rockchucks on their property. Oh no, they are the kids' pets says the woman dressed in a flour sack outfit.

We said thank you and politely left after letting her know that allowing them to undermine the foundation on the family residence might not be a good idea and that a good strong farm dog or two might not be a bad idea.

A year later when we entered the coulee there was only black scorched earth where the home had formerly stood. Upon inquiry with long time residents we were informed that the County Health Department had burned the place to the ground after the children came down with bubonic plague. My inclination is that what they were infected with was Sylvatic plague, mox nix.

We have built relationships with smaller property owners that allow us to get access through connections they have to others in central and eastern Washington.

The easiest way for those relationships to go south is to invite anyone to join you who has an AR15 or 10/22 in their possession. Irrespective of whether we have brought along one or both, don't allow anyone who doesn't have considerable skin in the game the option of bringing them along or all of the effort you have made to have access will be for naught.

Last edited by JDHasty; 09-08-2022 at 06:07 PM.