View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 12:29 AM
Supporting Member

Replying to your naming my Oregon friend Rick.

My recollection is Rick started one of his great threads, with images of his world famous shooting benches that he designed, fabricated and sold . I believe Rick had a standard and ultralight model. Rick Patented his bench, and after a very successful business venture, including advertising in a few shooting magazines that I know of, and before we met unfortunately, I believe Rick sold his patent and remaining benches before I could acquire one. Heck, back then I didn't know I needed one !

I recall, but it seems to have been deleted, that you chimed in early in the thread before I actually opened and read it. I recall you dropping that you are an engineer, and that you implied you have built a rotating ( maybe I am incorrect on that point, but I recalled you saying yours was rotating) bench with superior engineering. You stated you had a commitment and couldn't get to your bench and take pictures as you had something like a relay race to attend, but soon after you would go to where they are, take and post images and include some form of build instructions so we could also build our own.

You went so far as to mention you went mid west ( ?) to some shoot, where dignitaries had what you surmised was similar to Rick's swivel benches, but that your recollection was they were either Rick's, or the company that sold Rick's ( modified) designed benches, and they worked good.

I hate to go by recollection, but I believe several members here recall basically what I recall, and have implied such in their requests that you follow through on your statement to share your bench. I really wished I had quoted what you said for posterity, but I didn't and I can't find what you wrote. I do know that you mentioned you are an engineer, as stating it in Rick's thread, and the implication my mind remembers was of a jerk . I worked with Engineers, and I know many are fine people, but a handful I have worked with were prima donna's and your words made me think you're probably in that group of blowhards that post tons of crapola to inflate your ego. You have proven my first impressions are correct.

Yes, I am opening myself up for fine folks to believe we should just let this die and me replying is a bad mark for myself, but when you attack a good outstanding member here like you have I would risk loosing the respect of others here and being banished by a moderator to call you out for the, in my opinion, deceit and attacking a friend . I apologize for not manning up sooner, but enough is enough after reading more of your attacks. You would be wise, as maybe I should also, to quit replying.

JD, I have spent about 20 minutes searching your posts on another website, and you carry your lack of respect and vile words from the other website you probably were banned from. I am no saint on past posting on other websites that allow banter and language unbecoming for this website, but you have crossed the line in attacking Rick and other friends here.

I have said my peace, stand by my views, and will accept what may come.

I will try to not reply to your probable correction reply, as what I wrote is all that I recall from my reading the missing ( deleted) postings on Rick's thread. The disrespect in posting on his thread was the start, and continual attacking others and little replies like " someone asked you guys to knock it off" shows me you wined to maybe a moderator, or have a friend that should have suggesting you "knock it off" , which IMHO is the more appropriate suggestion.

Let's try and be civil, and stop attacking others. If you feel this is an attack vs my attempt at a reset request, I apologize to those that feel I am in attack mode. I am angry, angry that this has continued this far. Friendship is part of the Saubier experience, and of all the years I have participated, this has the feel to me that several fine members will, or have, walked away and that is sad.

Flame suit on. I am old enough to stand up, or leave myself. Piece to my remaining friends.

I am going to launch Skippy tomorrow at the Calf ranch, take a breath and enjoy life.

Allen