View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 04:29 PM

Riddled with Rockchucks, that I can relate to.

We shoot one location that is absolutely overrun, but the locals won't grant anyone else except locals access. We shot ~275 in two days there a few weeks ago. They even move the cattle around to accommodate our shooting. Riddled is no exaggeration, a woman went chest deep in the middle of a hay meadow that had been plowed and had an extensive series of burroughs out in the middle of it. W/o the turf to hold the surface together it just swallowed her up. The locals pretty much shotgun the dumb ones early on and educate the rest of them. Then they blast away at them with 10/22s and keep them on their toes.

We haven't put near the hurtin on them as we have in other years due to the weather, Global Warming I guess. The corn won't germinate unless it is 55 degrees and it was just an inch and a half tall three weeks ago. It should have been a foot and a half or two feet tall by then.

We were invited to take care of an infestation of pea fowl about twenty five years ago. I was in Casshmere, home of L.E. Wilson, and was chatting up the mayor of a small town up the road when he mentioned that peacocks had been driving the entire town mad. I told him that a buddy and I could fix that problem with out Beeman air rifles. Boy, that was a hoot. A peacock makes for pretty good table fare too.

Last edited by JDHasty; 06-08-2022 at 04:41 PM.