View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17VLD View Post
I have a hard time believing you missed a big rock chuck.

But I have a feeling your sight image was probably correct for the VT
My furball,was originally bought before a fellow could buy a VT from Cooper,my idea was to use it as a donor for a 20VT,it has the prettiest wood I have ever seen on a Varminter,since I now have 2 20VT’s it will stay a 221 and dang it I will shoot that gun.I bought a bunch of Lapua brass since getting it and look forward to seeing how it fits the chamber and shoots
That ‘chuck must have been pretty dang far!
Matt
Well Matt....the chuck was not as far as I wished he had been, then I'd feel better for the blatant miss. Just a big fat blunder on my part. Guess a guy has to miss once in a while to feel humble and appreciate it when we DO make a nice hit. (But he'd be a dead duck had I been on my VT!)

Know what you mean about a 221FB in the safe when there's TWO VT's. The Vartargs are just gonna get shot more, it's the way of the world. But be kind to your collection and get that Lapua brass neck sized and loaded, and take that little Furball out to the field and give her a spin. You'll remember why you brought her home in the first place.....they're just plain FUN to shoot!

And the accuracy is nothing to sneer at either. Looking forward to hearing about how she shoots; keep us posted.

ben lurkin: Any pics to share of the rock chuck outing?