View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 02:23 PM

Steve,
I can't answer all of your questions, but will address what I can. I had some of the early Lux versions from before you could get Americans and before people really talked much about the 527. I have a newer 527 American LH.

Wood: I think that my newer American has nicer wood than the two Lux versions. I don't think that one can make a blank statement of older is better and newer is worse. If you order, you take your chances. The best bet for wood, with any firrarm is buy FtF, or online where you can see the actual offering.

The new single set trigger is just as good as the old ones if you never "look under the hood". On my older ones, many of the pins were held captive by E- Clips. My newer one has the ends center punched to expand the end. I would rather it has the E-Clips. The newer triggers are a dlightly different contour, but it has not made any function difference for me.

Other differences:
The newer rifles are supposed to have a different bolt contour to allow more scope clearance. I do not know if mine is new enough to have that and I could never find something online to show the difference. The newer rifles have a different bolt shroud. It is just cosmetic. It is slightly more bulky, but more streamlined.

I think that is all of the basic, non model specific changes.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.