Thread: Martini actions
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
A .310 Cadet in take-down? Really? Do you mean a BSA Francotte Martini in .310 Cadet caliber with a full stock as issued to Cadets? Or do you mean A BSA Francotte Martini in .22 cal. Target stocks, target barrel and target sights

The Model 4's .310 Cadets weren't take downs. Later Model 6's and its variations Models 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 may have been takedowns in .310 caliber. These 6' and later version in centerfires sell at a premium, and unless already modified should not be converted.

Later Model 12's and beyond were all .22. An all complete in clean original condition Model 12 should be left as is. Later 1215's with the pistol gripstock make good heavy platform as for building. Sadly the British had these as club guns and the stocks are riddled with holes for sling and handstops. Finish is often wore away to bare metal or more often just abused. These gun make good candidates for conversion.
Double D, That is the information I was given when I bought it I did not feel they knew all that much and really did not feel the need to investigate it, I just like it for what it is and how it shoots. Pretty much a single shot only kind of guy

But now with your knowledge maybe I will know what it is I have, The nomenclature is limited to WW. GREENER BIRMINGHAM SHARPSHOOTERS CLUB AMMUNITION 310 and the serial # in 3 places