Thread: RIP Sicero
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 03:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld
Default Pictures posted by Charlie above

Believe you guys will recognize Kenny's. I took that when we were bsing the afternoon he got to my place. The other one is of me back when I was 30.

Thanks for posting them Charlie.

Coyote spotter: That's NOT Larry Trotter from here. Yes, Larry G. Trotter.
His main place is in Washington state. Seems like Puyallup sounds familiar. He spends winters in AZ somewhere. I sent him some take off barrels a couple years ago. Then needed one of 'em back. Sent it right to the barrel maker for me. Refused postage. Another great member we're blessed with here. There's months go by when I don't hear from him, but, we're not real penpals either.

When I built the NEF 17 VR and had problems getting it working he said to send him the barreled action. Fixed it up for me. Said it took a lot of hours tinkering but, only asked for about $30 and said: "don't send more".
Then even though it chambered and fired. Nearly every case split the shoulders. Paul Rogers was on here hard at the time and I sent it to him to ream the neck out. I very much miss Paul. Think he just got busy at work and dropped off.
Another one I don't see much of: Mark D, in Childress Tx. I bought the reamer from him.

Those stock blanks behind Kenny in that picture came from Mark Pinkston/kalua, he's in Portland, ORE, I think. Don't recall seeing him posting for quite awhile either. I know he's been fighting health problems several years too.
I just sent both Larry and Mark an e'mail asking them to let us know how they're doing.

Sure hope our "Lost Members List" hasn't grown more than we know about.
This year sure seems like the dying year already. 9 I know of have cashed in so far, two on the board we know of. *Note: Mikie: cousin's hubby west of you is one.

Thanks to everyone for their posts on these threads. I'm very sorry to bring such sad information to the front. Yet it's mighty important that we all know. Right?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 01-23-2018 at 04:55 AM. Reason: typo's mostly