View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. It is a fun project and I'm glad it seems to be turning out well. I'm glad to share it with the group, I've learned a lot here from all of you.

Dave, I do enjoy the No 3 action although they can offer a challenge. You have got some seriously beautiful rifles there! Congratulations. Sounds like they shoot as well as they look. I'm using the factory trigger,not the lightest pull but ok for a field gun.
Funny you mention a " little tweaking". Doug can attest I was not the happiest camper after my first range trip. Although primarily a " shoot and clean " session I had seen indications of the dreaded vertical stringing malady. Turns out I had pressure on one side of the barrel channel, a little tweaking and subsequent groups are looking better.

Doug, I think your chosen CZ platform should result in a VERY accurate piece. I too noticed how smooth the barrel seems, but this is my first PacNor, while I know you buy them in bundles. Since I don't have a garage log my load development may be slower than yours. Can't wait to see some range results.
Best
Larry