View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:27 PM

3000fps..... I will not say it can't be done. I have run 30 calibers up to 26-2700 fps with gas checked, lubed and sized.
I had a few doubt me, on my speed. I shot anywhere from 20-30 or a few more at a setting. One or two or even a half dozen is not a true test. Accuracy was up to what that rifle had done with jacketed in the past.

IMHO, size is still king no matter if they are coated or not. To get your 5mm up to speed I would say to be ready to get some leading. Getting out of such a small bore will be a chore.

I messed with the HF red for about a year. I am on the fence myself. It works, but my accuracy was off from known guns with known loads. I went back to lubing and sizing as I just don't have the time to devote to working up loads for everything I shoot cast in, it would take me several summers to say the least.

On the other hand NOE is making a 17 mold. I really thought about giving one a try. Then I came to my senses and bought a lot more jacketed. I got the 17 Hornet for the speed. I do play with my 22 hornet with cast as I got it to replace my rimfire.
Jeff