View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 AM
Supporting Member

Dungheap

Be sure to check out the total overall LENGTH of the ejection port of the 580/590 series rifle, very very little room to clearance, have to lengthen the bolt travel slot/stop locations.

I set the end of the chamber at the forward end of the ejection hole, so I could have the maximum clearance for the Kit Fox cases, (when I made the NEW bolt end).
I have a 591/2 that was done by one of our members into a 22 hornet, very little room for clearance/ejections of LOADED rounds, fired brass no problems.

This is now waiting for a 17 Weasel Hunter reamer to get here and be made into a new home for the G-son, unless Grandpa likes it.

Do some checking etc for total clearance of loaded rds, using the bolt stop position etc.
Don
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions."
Ronald Reagan