View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Administrator

yeah, I can get a new savage at cost from the shop where I work. I was thinking of going with a 10 heavy barrel (cheap) and the MZ barrel should drop in. Guess I could drill a hole in the stock and fit it for a ramrod?

As for BH209, I use it and like it in 2 of my MZ rifles. It's fast, accurate and CLEAN. You don't have to clean when you get home. In fact I fouled my bore Sunday for a hunt this week. I'll load up Thurs and if I don't get any action, I'll leave it loaded until the end of the season, if necessary. I did that last year. Even in wet, snowy weather, it still went boom and was dead on. There was no rust or fouling in either my SS Encore or my mom's cheap CVA blued rifle.

My buddy just bought a "Best of the West" custom MZ in 45 cal. He shoots 115 gr BH209. Similar numbers to Hog Patrol. He's rung an 8" gong at 800 yards with it consistently. He paid $4500 for it!!! It's nothing more than a trued Rem 700 with a custom bolt, breech plug, barrel and ramrod. Not sure if it came with a scope for that price but obviously WAY outta my league.

There's a lot of hoo-hah out there on the net about the Savage Smokeless guns. Lots of KA-BOOMS! I think I'll stick with BH209. It's that good.