View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM

Dave,

The lifting arm from Ruger is a controlled part. I suspect that the firing pin is as well. Sending modified rifles in, well...........I am not sure of what would come back if they take it at all. Just their corporate policy.

The lifting arm seems sedate, but is a pile of snakes. Lots of control surfaces in addition to the top ground that inserts into the lifting channel of said block. I would not have the gumption to fool with it especially if it is doing good.

The firing pin for the block is a tiny affair, about 1/4 or so long, fitting into a drilled from the rear cavity. Look at the rear of the block and you sometimes can see the plugged access hole for the factory firing pin work.

Since you have a good gunsmith that you trust, might have him eyeball the firing pin fit to the exist hole in the breechblock. Could be that the nose has been deformed from previous ownership, one never knows what has gone on with some of these rifles.

I cannot think of much more painful than a 270 in a light single shot rifle...........a banana splits double oooouch I am sure.

rick