View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I used the 527 as a test platform for four cartridges, because they have a good track record for off the shelf accuracy. They served their purpose and all four need a new home.

I built four rifles on Savage actions in the last two years. The “flat back” stagger feed are, IMO, way better than the blasted center feeds. I did make them single shots, but was really disappointed the 17R would not feed from the detachable mag.

I built another rig on an XP100 action. Better than the above as far as feeding. Finding a stock that doesn’t need a bunch of work is a different story.

I am just now moving to the Howa mini actions. I have three and want one more for future builds. Triggers can be worked to be usable, but no after market. I hope B&C got something figured out on their stock, but sounds like it was more a Howa issue with mags.
I shot the 6.5 Grendel just because. In all honesty I was impressed with the rifle and the cartridge. I do want a 20PPC.

My findings on the platforms you mention. Hope it may save you some grief or unnseen issues.
Jeff
Jard and Timney make triggers for the Howa.