Thread: Lead sled
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Hard kickers

Good to hear from you Rick,usally with the hard kickers I just fold up a handtowel.The lead sled would be used more for steady than recoil reduction.Did quite a bit of gunsmithing in the past, mostly rebarreling and chambering to the old cartridges.I'am surprised theirs not more "gun nuts" doing their own work common sence and a rock solid understanding of headspace is needed.What we lack in machinery we make up for with time to spend on the project,do many cuts with a file.My old lathe was a Whitcome/blaisdall made in Worchester Ma. and it probibly fought boath great wars.My current lathe is a Hendy 15x36 with taper attachment.Also working on getting a verticle milling machine.The milling machine I have now is a massive horizontal miller with a verticle head I mounted,power feed all ways.I'am very fond of the Savage 99 action its beauty in its simplicity,and stronger than most think.Retired heavy truck mechanic,now I'am a sawyer,and too busy, big job cutting out oak timbers for a post and beam barn.Take care Frank C.