View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Supporting Member

Probably not a happy post for everyone, but I know of 2 coyotes shot inside of 40 yards that splashed on ribs both times with the 34 grainers. Not a big issue down here other than both required flow-up shots. Bergers may have done the same at a short distance but I've seen them break ribs and stiil get inside in similar circumstances. I shoot my own hand swaged 38 grain hp's, so my experience is what I've seen and not done. Still I think any hp is a better choice than a plastic tipped bullet. BC doesnt mean diddly at normal hunting ranges in 99% of situations you encounters while hunting and calling. Ymmv....

-BCB

Be Proactively Safe:

Yesterday I did something that I normally don’t do. I picked up a hitch hiker. After he got into my car, he said to me, “I’m surprised that you picked me up. I could be a serial killer.”

I replied, “I'm not worried because what are the odds of there being two serial killers in the same car at the same time?”

He suddenly got very quiet, and he got out of my car at the next stop light.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven’t met yet.

Why do I have to press one for English when you’re just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

HOUSTON STRONG! HOUSTON PROUD!

GOD BLESS TEXAS!