Thread: 20 tcm
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 02:47 PM
Supporting Member

Default 20 tcm

There was a guy looking for a XP 100 "rifle" stock and I didn't remember where I got mine so I did some digging. Found some at Emma Gun Works.

Been a few years but I had shoulder issues when it came to the "reach" when sighting my scope on the XP pistol. That's the reason I went to the rifle stock from the center grip pistol stock. Man oh man do I love that rifle and it's still chambered in .221 Fireball. Just had it re barreled with a 24" Shilen and changed the trigger to a Rifle Basix. Deadly accurate. Shoulder issues went away so I was back to building SPs.
Drug out the XP converted rifle and did some looking. The question always comes up about feeding of the "20 TCM" in different actions and what would work best?
Just happened to lay a 22 TCM round into the XP action and closed the bolt a bit. Not all the way but just enough to see how it would feed. Smooth as silk.Works like a dream.
Now, if only the XP was a left hand action. Almost tempted to pick up another XP action chambered in .221 Fireball and re chamber in to my 22 TCM. Once you go to a lefty action and shoot it right handed (right hand stays on the stock for control while your free left hand works the bolt and feeds ammo) it's hard to go back. For bench work, nothing better.