View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Supporting Member

I have seen several display cases that had soft clear tubing bands/rings, (like IV tubing only larger), these bands were cut into about 1/4" wide, and then these bands were split in the center and the round was snapped inside this band to hold the case via a small brass screw threw the back side of the ring onto a display case made of light plywood.

Layed out on about 1" centers, a lot of cases can be contained in a 24'x30" sized display case.

The cases could be removed/changed postions as the collect grew, and small name plates could be added under neath each case for info, which could be remove and moved as needed etc.

You need a couple of different sized tubing (inside dimensions) to fit most all the caliber/cases, and this soft plastic tubing does not hurt the case when being removed etc..

Hope this helps, with all the cases out there this can be a very enjoyable hobby and can make some very interesting displays in the years to come, don't ask how I know, as I have over 300+ in my small collestion.
Don
ps, I'll even donate a couple of Wildcats to get him started!
It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for their actions."
Ronald Reagan