View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
You got get good with a hand gun and we all know what that means! You point a shotgun. Remington 2 3/4 Nitto mag 6s in the face and it's all over that quick!
I would never trust my life to #6 shot. just not enough mass to penetrate vitals.

as for the shot to the face and it's all over. have you patterned your gun with said load at an across the room distance? I think you'll be quickly surprised how tight the patter will be.

I challenge you to take it a step further go out into the boonies with a buddy at night have him put up 2 paper plates one a BG and the other a friendly on a stake/tree ect... while you have your back turned about 25 yards out. then have your buddy guide you in to shooting position do a 25 yard jog to elevate you heart rate and jack your breathing up. then with the same light you'd use if you heard a bump in the night, see if you can ID, engage and shoot that paper plate (aka the face) in under 2 seconds.

I'd bet you'll either take a lot longer than 2 seconds which would mean your in a active gunfight by that point if the perp were armed. or you'll miss the mark.

do you think #6 even at point blank range is going to penetrate the skull and shut down the threat? I wouldn't count on it. yes it would make a mess of someone and the sheer energy dump may snap the neck but again I wouldn't count on it. I wouldn't trust anything less than MAYBE #1 but for me it's 00 buck 9 pellet federal with flite control wad. which I know from my gun patterns under 1" at across the room distances and maybe 3"-5 at the furthest point in my home.

that being said a shotgun is not my first choice either.