View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking_Coyotes View Post
Thinking of trying neck turning. Since I like Redding dies, I was thinking of getting the 26400 Redding Case Neck Guage. What is a good neck turner for me to use that is a decent price and fairly easy to use and get consistent neck thickness?

I see the Sinclair model, NT-1500 DELUXE NECK TURNING KIT, but if I see it correctly, I need one of these for each of the calibers I shoot? (.17, .223, 6mm, 6.5mm, 30, etc.) I also see RCBS and Hornady models, too. What do you guys think who have done this procedure with these or other tools, etc. What do I need to purchase to get there without a burdensome tool or having to spend lots and buy several, if I am understanding the Sinclair tool. Looks like Hornady comes with most of what is needed except for their shell holders.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...prod35270.aspx
The Sinclair tool has removable caliber specific mandrels over which the case slides. The tool is one tool, the mandrels are caliber specific.

You will also need a mandrel die to slightly enlarge and straighten the case neck prior to turning, and the mandrel in that is "two ended" allowing two calibers. Call Sinclair chat and talk thru it. I like my old original neck turner from them.