View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 11:51 PM

Thanks all.
In case anyone wondered.........I did bed the tang and trigger guard. The inletting was a sort of dissaster when I received the stock. The rear tang area had atleast 1/4" gap from making any wood to metal contact. Thus, I bedded the "front half" first and went back to bed the tang/trigger guard. The stock is beautiful, but up close you can definitely tell it was "hand inletted" and hand finished, by someone other than a "professional". Much like my bedding job, it'll get the job done. It's going to get scratched/nicked/dented anyway and the price was right.................!!!!!

Thanks to the thunderstorms today, I was able to make it to the range. 70 degrees is very welcome and so is the rain. I loaded up some 40gr Nosler Varmageddon Tipped bullets over H335 and she's a shooter. I just ran 26.5gr and 26.3gr to test as the last time I shot this rifle was in 40 degree temps with 26.5gr being Very, Very, Accurate with a 40gr Hornady Zmax....(I don't have anymore of those bullets). I have shot the 40gr Varmageddon before in other rifles and it's usually very, very, accurate. I believe with a little tweaking, closer to 26.0gr and I'll have my bugholer. 26.5gr Loads were slightly larger 1/2" to 3/4"......so going down in charge weight seems to be the right direction at this point.

Good start none the less..........

She sure is a handy little critter..........

Last edited by Screaminweasil; 08-10-2019 at 12:20 AM.