Thread: MachIV
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauer View Post
I was not bashing Wilson barrels, read my post please. My gunsmith trued my action and left the chamber as is. I think there might have been a time when in the early days the machine work on the actions might not have been the best. Do some research on the early cooper varmint rifles in 17 Mach 4 and I believe you will find there were a lot returned for accuracy issues. I was interested because my cases extracted with a scratch on the shoulder. I was just curious.
I did read it, and it is true that some 14 M4 rifles did have accuracy problems. Not all however. I own an original and it has been pristine from the time I bought it until today. In addition, in those times, Cooper bent over backwards to solve the issues that some had with any rifle that they built. I've bought a bunch of Coopers over the years and any issues have been handled quickly and efficiently. No company is perfect.

More used Cooper have been butchered by owners and their favorite smith than time can relate over the years, but even with those rifles, Cooper worked to make them right at the time. I doubt that would be the case today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauer View Post
Interesting. I bought a cooper varmint years ago. The rifle was used and a real disappointment. About 2 in groups. Research said that the early barrels were made by wilson and cooper had some problems. Your post was interesting because I have the same marks on my fired brass. I took the rifle to a friend of mine who happens to do rifles for the FBI to have him re-chamber it. He showed me that the bolt didn't seat properly and the whole action was really poorly done. He saw no reason to re-chamber the rifle. Does your bolt seat soundly? I've got 5 other coopers and they shoot lights out. I'm not out to bash Cooper.
???????????????

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine