View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Shed View Post
Hi Mark,
I have a set of Larrys dies in 17. I had them made for a Corbin CSP-S press.
The dies work very well and I have shot some of my best groups with them. That said I am no BR shooter but. .188" 4 shot group will do my hunting needs.
I did have to modify the punches slightly to fit the S press but it was length of the punches and not critical diameters that were the issue. Some time on the lathe fixed that.
My jackets are rimfire cases (as jackets are very expensive to import, ) and Larry made the punches to suit my needs.
All in all very happy with them.

Bills Shed
I was going to start a thread about 22lr jackets for 17. Bill if you don't mind sharing the info with us how many steps do you have to go through to form the jackets. also I would assume they end up pretty long. if so what are you using to trim the jackets?

I was thinking of trying to make something myself similar to the BT sniper dies in 17 but the jackets are the issue. I was hoping I could pull it off in 3-4 steps, de-rim, anneal, draw to a little under 22 cal, draw to 19-20, then final at 17.

depending how long the jackets were I was also thinking of doing a scenar style bullet (long jacket with no lead in the tip) in the 25-27gr range. not sure i'll be able to spin up 30's with a long jacket with a 1:9 twist at 3800-3900