View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Just wondering why I see so many questions, from post's, asking for load data on this cartridge or that cartridge more these days.
Does not anyone have reloading manuals ? There are so many out there now days, from almost every maker of the bullets we use, plus one's from the powder producers. So I guess I wonder why not obtain one or two, read and start loading with their suggestions ?
Anyone have thoughts on this ? Maybe I am just thinking too many are to lazy to work up a load and just want someone to tell them what to use. Right or Wrong ? Bill K
You are right.

In a lot of cases it simply seems like the person asking the question is new to reloading, does not own a reloading manual, and is happy with what someone else suggests without realizing that somone's "perfectly safe load" might not be so safe in their rifle.

In my internet experience I've made it a practice to never give out specific loads, etc. as I have no way of knowing what the next guy might do with them. I will recommend certain powders, bullets, etc. that have worked for me for different cartridges, but nothing more specific than that.

I guess all of us older guys learned to reload from a manual without the benefit of the internet to do the leg work for us. I for one am glad that I learned that way.

JMO - BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine