View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 10:06 PM

For a bone stock factory rifle I don't think the CZ 457 will disappoint. As a gunsmith friend of mine, Defensive Edge Rifles, that builds off of his own custom rimfire actions told me, "they're a fine factory rifle".

With any 17HMR or any other non 22RF for that matter, ammo, will cause accuracy inconsistencies more than just about anything else. The 22RF world has the luxury of having some unbelievably good match/target grade ammo available for it while the rest of the rimfire world, 17HMR/17WSM/22Mag, in comparison, has mediocre quality ammo. We all still love our different 17 rimfires so we just deal with the ammo that's available to use then hope and pray we get a good or decent Lot #. I one Lot # of 17HMR ammo a few years ago that had a POI literally inches different than what I'd been shooting. Generally, POI change with different Lot#'s hasn't been all that bad for me but that one particular Lot # must have been made on a Monday after a big party the day before and everyone had a hangover because it shot wayyyy different.

If you can get a 457 combo for any kind of decent price, that would be the one I'd want. You may not have any interest in the 22LR at first but find some target ammo it likes and it'll probably shock the he11 out of you with the groups it can shoot. Using the 22LR for training and honing ones centerfire shooting skills has become a very popular thing the last few years.