View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat120mm View Post
Hi,

Due to a batch of bad Remington ammo, I now have a scarred chamber in my beloved Sako .17 Fireball. The necks were split on around 10% of cases (this is new old tock ammo from 2008), unfortunately I didn't notice this until I'd fired around 50 shots, so 5 split cases and some gas erosion cuts to the shoulders of the chamber.

I could get the chamber re-cut in .17 FB, but would lose the length of the tenon as that'd need to be cut off and re-threaded apparently. So was wondering if anyone on here has been down this path before and gone from .17 FB to .17 Remington without the need to cut off the tenon and re-thread?

I'm keen not to lose any barrel length as I want every fps from the cartridge.

Many thanks!
Do you have any lot numbers for this ammunition? I have about 100 rounds here that I have not fired.

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.