View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Supporting Member

Been a real fun time working on the .20 Ackley Hornets together even though we took different angles of attack to solve the same problem.
Yours is a purty Rifle that really shoots! Hopefully mine will really be a rifle that shoots purty .
Once again I took the path of least resistance, A CZ 527 Varmint with some action work, pillar bedding and and a new heavier than factory contour Pac-Nor Super Match 3 groove satin finish Stainless.
I've been busy forming brass for a fire-form gopher load while breaking in the barrel using the scientific "garage log technique" . So far I fired one shot and cleaned using colloidal graphite for the first 5 shots and later this evening I fired my first 3 shot string and so far not one hint of blue whatsoever even after long periods of soaking with Shooter Choice MC7 followed by drying and an alcohol cleaning then a 20 minute soak with Sweets, "Zero Blue", period!
I think it's time to mount the scope I found I'd forgotten in the closet that started this whole program for me, then develop a fire-form load, a little sight in and down to some serious rat smackage !!
My rifle will never be as purty as yours is Larry but hopefully if I can shoot the little buggers from far enough away they'll never know the difference .

P.S.
Dave I gotta agree with ya, while I've never owned a Ruger Number 1, 2 or 3, I do have a Kepplinger single set trigger on a Remington 700 Varmint that is chambered in .20 Tactical and it sure is a fine trigger IMO!!!