Thread: 20 Killer Bee
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 02:00 AM
Supporting Member

I remember when Dan and I were talking about his new .17 Killer Bee. I said I'd sure like it in a .20 and as memory serves a reamer print for the .20 Killer Bee showed up in my email in about 15 minutes. My memory stinks but I do remember Cajun Blake, Dan C., ML, and myself went 4zees $$ on the first reamer and it got sent to Greg Tannel where it still lives.
I had a lot more free time than the guys with "Pesky Day Jobs" so I dealt with Lonnie Hummel at Hornady who got a copy of the print and he made 4 full length dies, one each for all of us. At that time Wilson was a lot more compliant and they got a reamer print copy and made 4 Wilson inline seaters and 4 neck sizer bushing dies for us. Ain't doing that any more for wildcatters .
A big part of my reason on the .20 Killer Bee was Dan's logo that I really got a kick out of.

A real nifty wildcat as is the .17 KB, but then is there a bad wildcat if a guy wants one built? Most surprising to me about the .20 Killer Bee is how similar the ballistics are between it and the .20 VarTarg?
Personal opinion only but as to a muzzle brake, I'd pass. The .20 Killer Bee is real quiet as is and ya see all the effects of your shots now with little recoil. I never shoot anything without hearing protection anyway and I see no gain "for me" with a brake. Add a silencer and now it's performance is the same but the noise is a lot more decibels. Others mileage may vary but that's my take, good luck and keep us informed .