View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Supporting Member

In the mid 1970's and I was doing some coyote hunting on a family ranch in Wyoming during Christmas time. One morning that I went calling turned into a very nice but fairly cold day (upper 20's).

After the good calling time had passed, I went to a field where I knew PD's were, and I found a few up and sunning. I shot a few and while sitting waiting for another one to pop up, a big dog coyote came walking up out of a creek bed/gully and walked to one of the dead PD's and started munching maybe 250 yards from me.......totally oblivious to my presence apparently. I watched him eat the initial one and as he was walking over to the next one I couldn't hold out any longer and let fly with a 52 grain Sierra BTHP from a 22-250. IIRC, I got $65 for the coyote un-skinned.

And if you've never seen PD red mist on white snow, you've missed something..............

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine